This is a brief description of how consignment works. Please contact us for more questions and to get started.
1. SUITABLE ITEMS. Email a list of items so we can advise on which future auction will be most suitable for your material. Please note that we focus on British and Commonwealth gold coins of numismatic interest/value. We do also sell World gold coins, and are planning silver auctions in the near future.
2. DEADLINE. Once items have been agreed they need to arrive at our office at least 3 weeks before auction date. If you miss the deadline items can go into the next month's sale.
3. COMMISSION FEE. The vendor commission fee is 10%, reduced to 9% if items have been slabbed (encapsulated, authenticated and graded) with either PCGS or NGC and have a picture on the certification page.
4. STARTING PRICES. All our gold coins start at 10% below the bullion value, regardless of value, and there are strictly no reserves. For very rare items we can guarantee a minimum amount to give the seller some protection. If guaranteed items end up selling below the guarantee The Coin Cabinet will reimburse the difference.
5. SETTLEMENT. We will settle as soon as we have received payment for all lots (rather than holding funds, eg. for 6 weeks, or more). Settlement will be in Pounds Sterling by bank transfer, processed on the last bank day of the week.
Find our office address and all contact details on our contact us page.